Anyone figured out a way to download Schwab View Only accounts using EWC+?

CocoaPuff
CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
Has anyone figured out a way to download Schwab accounts using EWC+ where one has View Only access? The account owner must complete Schwab forms granting View Only access, and the third party can view the account at the Schwab website using their own login.

Under the new EWC+ method, View Only accounts are not listed in the Schwab website Security Center > Quicken to select for linking to Quicken. I am wondering if anyone has had any success linking and downloading View Only accounts? For instance, completing Schwab forms that the account owner could permit transaction download access for View Only accounts.

Schwab appears to be updating their account types for download access as I have had some accounts that I can now link to that in the initial rollout of EWC+ were not available for download. I don't know if in the future Schwab will add View Only accounts to those that can be linked to Quicken for downloads.

Using Quicken Premier R37.37 on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CocoaPuff, at this point in time view only accounts are not available for download from Charles Schwab. ​​While Charles Schwab has added support for some additional account roles, some Schwab account types are not available for download into Quicken; they may be supported in the future, and we will continue to update customers on the status of these account types
    • ​Donor Advised Fund
    • Other accounts that customers were authorized to view, or authorized others to view, but are not owned by the customer

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CocoaPuff, at this point in time view only accounts are not available for download from Charles Schwab. ​​While Charles Schwab has added support for some additional account roles, some Schwab account types are not available for download into Quicken; they may be supported in the future, and we will continue to update customers on the status of these account types
    • ​Donor Advised Fund
    • Other accounts that customers were authorized to view, or authorized others to view, but are not owned by the customer
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    Today (12/16/21) I noticed my view only account was listed in the Schwab web site Security Center > Quicken. I also updated to QWin R37.52. I can now link to and download view only Schwab account transactions.
This discussion has been closed.