Account has "online reconciliation" enabled, still prompts for manual reconciliation?

Stacy L
Stacy L Member ✭✭
I opened a Fidelity brokerage account with a cash management account, and use the CMA as my primary checking account. Set it up in Quicken with the CMA as a linked checking account and everything downloads as expected. HOWEVER - I am unable to use online reconciliation for the account. The checkbox is enabled on the main brokerage account, but when I select "reconcile" for the linked CMA instead of getting the online reconciliation window that I'm used to seeing for my other accounts, I get a window titled "Reconcile Details" which asks for statement start/end balances and any service charge or interest info. I assume this is for manual reconciliation.

Question is, how do I get the online reconciliation to work? I've used Quicken for years and have never had this happen with any other accounts or account types across multiple banks. I've unchecked and rechecked the "Reconcile using online balance", unchecked and rechecked and then reconnected to the bank, shut down Quicken and restarted - all to no avail. Quicken is bound and determined to get me to do this all manually. I'd prefer not to. Advice?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stacy L

Because the account in question is a brokerage account (i.e. an "investment type" account) - and even through there is a box that you can check - Quicken does not (and has not historically) permit the automatic reconcile feature for investment type accounts.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stacy L

Because the account in question is a brokerage account (i.e. an "investment type" account) - and even through there is a box that you can check - Quicken does not (and has not historically) permit the automatic reconcile feature for investment type accounts.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Stacy L
    Stacy L Member ✭✭
    Well, that explains it. Figures! Guess I'll do it the old fashioned way. Funny thing is, we switched to Fidelity because Quicken was constantly having download issues with our old bank...grass isn't always greener. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.