Honda Financial Name Change

Honda Financial has changed their access name, at least for auto loans. Connection stopped working within Q a week or so ago.

When I try to set up a new account, the list of banks doesn't show the new working name, just the old one, Honda Finance American. The old site address was www.hondafinancialservices.com. The new one is honda.americanfinance.com. When I connect through my browser, the redirect is automatic. When through Q, the new account points to www.hondafinancialservices.com, the old address. Is this a Q problem or a Honda problem?

Comments

• kknj
    kknj Member ✭✭
    I'm having a problem syncing my Honda auto loan also. This started about a week ago. I can't even add a "new" Honda auto load account. "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add or repair) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

As to maintaining a loan or mortgage account in Quicken, I recommend you take the account offline ("deactivate"), make any name changes and use the Scheduled Reminder created by the loan setup process to record your monthly payment transactions. For Auto loans the amount of principal and interest calculated by Quicken may be off by a few cents. Use the monthly loan statement to make any corrections.
    If you haven't done so already, your payment should be withdrawn by the finance company automatically every month on due date from your checking account. This ensures you're never late or miss a payment.
  • effjayess
    effjayess Member ✭✭
    > @"Robert Honeyman" said:
    > Honda Financial has changed their access name, at least for auto loans. Connection stopped working within Q a week or so ago.
    >
    > When I try to set up a new account, the list of banks doesn't show the new working name, just the old one, Honda Finance American. The old site address was www.hondafinancialservices.com. The new one is honda.americanfinance.com. When I connect through my browser, the redirect is automatic. When through Q, the new account points to www.hondafinancialservices.com, the old address. Is this a Q problem or a Honda problem?

I receive an error CC-601 when trying to sync my Honda account. Is that the same thing you're seeing?
  • Robert Honeyman
    Robert Honeyman Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what error I was getting, just that sometime last week, the connection failed. As I usually do, I broke direct connection with the intent of reconnecting. But when I did that, I was told by Q that my account was not found. Actually, direct connect is no longer available on when I go to account details. So I tried adding a new account, but when I selected the only Honda finance that showed up, I got the error message.

The message is now that Q is having trouble connection to Honda Finance American - Owner. I tried calling the other day, but gave up after 45 minutes. I'll try again, not that it will accomplish much until I try to accelerate the issue.

Meh.
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Honda changed their website and URLs about two weeks ago. If you go and check out the "new and improved site" you can tell it has a different look and feel. In the process Honda bricked the Quicken connection via the Intuit authentication process. They did the exact same thing about 1-2 years back with just a URL change. I called Honda the day it happened and reported as that is what Quicken says to do. Nothing happening yet. Best we can do it just wait it out.
  • jc321
    jc321 Member
    Seems to be similar issue for Acura. Stopped working mid December 2021.
  • rodney1259
    rodney1259 Member ✭✭
    Started working this morning.
  • GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭✭
    Created a new account today and deleted the old account.  It worked.  It now downloaded the updated numbers.  We'll see if it does it on a monthly basis.
  • BobJames
    BobJames Member
    I tried creating a new account, but my list of financial institutions still had the old Honda name and URL. How did you get it to work or use the new Honda link?