Downgrading Quicken

Options
Letty
Letty Member ✭✭
My Quicken Deluxe is up for renewal. I believe that the Starter version has all the functionality that I need. I use Quicken to connect and download to all my financial institutions - bank, credit card, investments etc; I categorize and report on the transactions with custom reports (spending, portfolio etc); track tax transactions. I don't need online billpay or any complex budgeting or investment stuff. But I do want to be sure that if I downgrade to Starter, that I can continue performing the above listed. It would appear from the comparison charts that I should be good. Is this the case? And has anyone downgraded and encountered issues? And if it transpires that upon downgrade that I have lost some functionality - can I upgrade back to Deluxe without issue??

Thanks!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starter Edition only supports a few basic bank account types. It does not support investments, loans and other more complicated account types.
    I recommend you stay with Deluxe.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if you don't renew in the future the Starter Edition goes into read only mode and you can't use it, even manually.  The Starter Edition is very limited.  Stick with Deluxe.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• JLGendler
    Options
    Does Deluxe have Billpay? Through a bank website? To any payee?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @JLGendler

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. To clarify Quicken Deluxe does have Bank Bill Pay available. However, since it does go through bank servers it is best to contact your financial institution to check the payees available or restricted. 

Hope this provides clarification. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.