Downloads via One-Step Update are not reliable - require frequent reactivation R37.37

RSM2000
RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
I rely on Quicken Windows to keep my bank account transactions current on a daily basis.  Most of the time, it downloads from my different financial institutions just fine, but every so often it will not keep the accounts 'current' and I must go into online services and choose RESET ACCOUNT.  Upon doing so, the issue is resolved, but this is neither convenient nor reassuring!  I pay money so Quicken will keep my accounts straight - and the fact that this issue keeps occurring with [Capital One and Golden One Credit Union] is disturbing.  One cannot wonder why in (nearly) 2022, financial software as well-known and long-lived as Quicken remains quirky and unreliable.  Quicken Sarah, can you weigh in on this issue?  [Current installed build is R37.37]

Comments

• Same issue here
  • mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. I've posted here before. Specifically, PNC, Ally, and Howard Bank have been inconsistent. You don't get an error message, until you try to reconcile, and it asks if you want to download transactions, which you just did! I've ghad to reset and/or reactivate multiple times in the last month. V R36.54
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RSM2000 said:
    I rely on Quicken Windows to keep my bank account transactions current on a daily basis.  Most of the time, it downloads from my different financial institutions just fine, but every so often it will not keep the accounts 'current' and I must go into online services and choose RESET ACCOUNT.  Upon doing so, the issue is resolved, but this is neither convenient nor reassuring!  I pay money so Quicken will keep my accounts straight - and the fact that this issue keeps occurring with [Capital One and Golden One Credit Union] is disturbing.  One cannot wonder why in (nearly) 2022, financial software as well-known and long-lived as Quicken remains quirky and unreliable.  Quicken Sarah, can you weigh in on this issue?  [Current installed build is R37.37]
    Hello RSM2000,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this subject, and I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this problem. I want to make sure I understand the problem a little better, however. Are you seeing any error messages when you try to update? Are only certain accounts affected? Also, do you notice that transactions are missing or is it simply that the balance shown is incorrect?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.