Schwab downloads wrong

BenMD
BenMD Member ✭✭
It appears now that I an finally able to download from Schwab all the transactions are recording incorrectly. After a download I need to manually adjust the transactions in that the data is parsed incorrectly. Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    @BenMD

Good morning Ben.  Most (if not all) of us are seeing what you saw an hour ago.  There are several threads that I know of that address this problem.  Unfortunately, it's one of the many problems Q is aware of with no solution.  What I am doing (now) is manually entering the investment transactions FIRST.  Then I download from Schwab and see what matches.  (Obviously, I'm also deleting many downloaded transactions.) My way is more work and terribly inefficient.  What's worse is that it's not what we're paying for.  However, it is the only way I have found that I can be confident in what I'm seeing in my own reports.  I share that because starting last week and for the next two weeks most of us are going to be receiving year end distributions from our non-qualified accounts.  In another thread one user expressed a lack of confidence in his/her calculations for the 15 January estimated tax payment.  I've given you a long answer to your very short question...sorry.
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Ben... I'm also having trouble with Schwab and I wrote the following paragraph in another thread on Monday but nothing back yet... Quicken people seem to have gone pretty silent... check if you have matching last three digits on any of the Shwab accounts you are trying to download... copy of 14 Dec message which has no Quicken reply at this time...

I have the same matching three digits issue with two of three Schwab accounts. Have been working with Quicken Sarah to help test new software revs. Three so far all with same negative result. Yesterday, I called a Quicken tech, Alexander, and helped him explain to one of their level 2 techs, Harry, I think, via message board, the matching digits issue with Schwab. I provided a log and screenshots of my failed activation/download attempts which Alex also forwarded to Harry. Quicken has enough feedback to fix this, if it is possible.... Which motivated my second call to Schwab tech support where I explained this situation to their online tech, John, I think, and with him looking at my three Schwab accounts, pointed out the matching three digits. He was surprised and I said I had complained to Schwab over the past two years about this too short convention for encrypted account ID display. I told him that I believed Schwab needed to be providing non-ambiguous account ID's to the Quicken program or discrimination and proper linking among various accounts would not be possible. I stated emphatically that Quicken is not alone in the cause of this linking problem, but that both companies are to blame for not adequately testing a new handshake before rolling it out to their unsuspecting clients. I told him that Schwab could/should not be just waiting around for Quicken to make their Schwab clients happy again... that this incredibly time-wasting disfunction between the two companies requires a solution with contributions from both firms. I could tell John was typing furiously as I spoke and he promised to run my observations up the Schwab chain of command. Maybe this account linking issue can be rectified in the very near future with two companies working on the problem. We'll see.... Quicken Sarah, are you getting this?
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    So after 3 weeks, I finally got my three Schwab accounts linked and downloading between Quicken and Schwab. The secret sauce that worked for me..

1. Running 27.1.37.52... available here... https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

2. Discovered in one of my wife's Schwab accounts, which I maintain manually because of low activity, had zzz-Schwab and an account number in the account details dialog. I deleted all info, checked that it was not activated, and clicked OK. I think this was the detail holding me back... no old Schwab mention can exist in Quicken if new links are to be created under the new Schwab protocol.

3. Reviewed my three Schwab account detail dialogs and confirmed that name and acct number fields were blank. All three accounts were deactivated.

4. Used Add New Account to connect to Charles Schwab instead of the Set-Up facility associated with the account registers... more top level, I suppose, although the screens look the same.

5. Designated with the check the three of the seven total Schwab accounts I have that are to be linked to corresponding accounts back in Quicken.

6. Clicked Back to Quicken and amazingly, I was given the account linking window that I haven't seen since November.

7. Matched up the existing accounts with the three Schwab accounts and clicked OK...

All back to normal!!
  • HJH Consult
    HJH Consult Member ✭✭✭
    So after 3 weeks, I finally got my three Schwab accounts linked and downloading between Quicken and Schwab. The secret sauce that worked for me..

1. Running 27.1.37.52... available here... https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

2. Discovered in one of my wife's Schwab accounts, which I maintain manually because of low activity, had zzz-Schwab and an account number in the account details dialog. I deleted all info, checked that it was not activated, and clicked OK. I think this was the detail holding me back... no old Schwab mention can exist in Quicken if new links are to be created under the new Schwab protocol.

3. Reviewed my three Schwab account detail dialogs and confirmed that name and acct number fields were blank. All three accounts were deactivated.

4. Used Add New Account to connect to Charles Schwab instead of the Set-Up facility associated with the account registers... more top level, I suppose, although the screens look the same.

5. Designated with the check the three of the seven total Schwab accounts I have that are to be linked to corresponding accounts back in Quicken.

6. Clicked Back to Quicken and amazingly, I was given the account linking window that I haven't seen since November.

7. Matched up the existing accounts with the three Schwab accounts and clicked OK...

All back to normal!!
This discussion has been closed.