Schwab Charitable

Options
mitch.trumpetwin
mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
Schwab Charitable can be downloaded now. You need to go and activate it. To be sure, before doing this, log on to Schwab, Go to services, Security, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Quicken. Schwab Charitable should be checked. If not, check it. Then activate it. 
Tagged:

Comments

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Well... the transactions come down, but the pricing is not updating.  2 forward, 1 back. 
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Fidelity and Vanguard lost connectivity after doing this. I had to deactivate and re-activate the Fidelity accounts. Then vanguard worked. So now, only the pricing does not update. Endless.
  • Newes
    Newes Member
    Options
    I have about had it getting Quicken to work with Schwab. None of my accounts download despite getting with the help desk multiple times. Don't know how many times I have deactivated and reactivated. Am I alone with this problem?
  • 10s_player
    10s_player Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Newes - do you have multiple data files? If so, it will only work with 1 data for all Schwab accounts.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    1 data file. It downloads without pricing updates.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Options
    Change that. 1 data file. The pricing now comes down!
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I was able to get my Schwab DAF reconnected, but didn't really accomplish anything. None of the missing transactions from the last month downloaded, so I ended up entering them manually.

The download process created duplicate securities for everything in the DAF, so I had to do some editing of my old ones (had to uncheck "matched with online security" and then it matched up) however it removed what appeared to be a valid CUSIP ID and replaced it with the fake symbol Schwab uses for these which means Quicken cannot download quotes. The only prices I have are the ones from the most recent buy/sell trade entered.

And even though the individual securities match between Quicken and Schwab online, the share quantities do not. The shares in Quicken match what the website shows, but the "shares reported" in the Quicken Online screen are out of date.

So, basically, nothing seems to work.

Time will tell if I am going to get the new transactions or not....
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Update on yesterday's post:

This morning, everything that failed to download when I configured the DAF account yesterday did end up downloading. Transactions downloaded for the prior 3 months, but it was pretty much a mess. Only a few transactions were matchable (like when I sold a donated security) but no buys or sells of funds in the DAF were able to match my existing transactions in the register.

The download process again created duplicated securities which I have deleted again and I am able prevent them from being recreated by making sure they have the EXACT same name as what's already in Quicken (just symbol wasn't good enough.) I am not sure if that's going to be the fix or not - I did a rebalance today, so we'll see tomorrow.

Note that when the fund securities are created automatically in Quicken, the CUSIP is a number (vs just the symbol), but I can't get that number on my existing securities in Quicken (which is where all the transactions are.) I would like to let quicken download these automatically then do a merge of my old transactions, but I don't see a way to do that except manually.

On a positive note, my online shares are now matching exactly. Apparently that also needed some time to update.
This discussion has been closed.