Downloading accurate balances for investment accounts with short positions

Polly Purebred
Polly Purebred Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I have a TD account with short positions. When I do the streamlined download into Quicken, the balance is very different from what shows in TD.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @Polly Purebred,

Thank you for contacting the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

In order to better reach a resolution, I need to gather some information. What do you mean when you say 'streamlined download'? Which connection method are you using (web, direct, quicken)? Also, what FI are you having these issues with, and does it pop up any error code when updating the balance?

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I am using Simple investment mode as recommended by someone in this forum.
    You might be interested in the "Simple" investment mode that Quicken Mac is in release 6.3 which just update security positions/prices and cash balance. See this announcement:

There is no error message. Only that the balance is incorrect.
  • Hi @Polly Purebred,

Thank you for your response. I would suggest deactivating the account and reactivating the account to hopefully fix the balance error that is occurring. 

You can do this by clicking on the account> clicking settings in the bottom right corner>downloads>disconnect account. Then go through the process of adding the account again as you would normally. 

Please reach out if you are still experiencing errors. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Polly Purebred

Thank you for your clarification, though I am sorry you are running into this issue. In order to help us better assist you, we may still need some further information.

When was the last time that you remember the balance on your TD Ameritrade account being accurate? Is it the Market Value that is off? Additionally, do you have any securities that either do not display a cost basis or that say Add Cost Basis

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
This discussion has been closed.