Correct Ticker Symbols for Principal Mixed-Asset Target Funds?

Options
mrkotter
mrkotter Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This may not be the right place but I'm running out of patience....I invest in my employer's 401k plan through Principal Financial. I am not a huge investor so I'm in the Principal Mixed-Asset Target fund for 2045. (Lifetime Hybrid CIT 2045) I am holding Z class shares. The symbol for the institutional class of shares is PHTYX. However, the value of PHTYX is less than half of what my online account shows. Despite the fact that supposedly the institutional class of shares includes Z. Anyway...Quicken now thinks that my retirement account is worth less than half of what it is. I've googled and googled, to no avail. Anyone have any insight on where to get the correct info?

I wasn't downloading quotes for this account before, and the value was fine, but then all the Investment reporting features of Quicken are useless to me. Was hoping to be able to use them since I also have some 529s and a Roth IRA open. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• mrkotter
    mrkotter Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have received an answer from Principal so I figured I would leave it here for others to find. The investment in my retirement plan is a separate account. Therefore it's not registered w/the SEC, does not have a ticker symbol, and is therefore not trackable by downloading quotes. So it appears I'll have to go back to the "old" way where I just track the value by the last share price purchased.

Answers

• mrkotter
    mrkotter Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have received an answer from Principal so I figured I would leave it here for others to find. The investment in my retirement plan is a separate account. Therefore it's not registered w/the SEC, does not have a ticker symbol, and is therefore not trackable by downloading quotes. So it appears I'll have to go back to the "old" way where I just track the value by the last share price purchased.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is most likely a very on-target answer.  Frequently, retirement accounts through employers use a different system for holdings than is available on the retail market.  Though the holding in 100% modelled on a publicly traded fund (PHTYX in your case), your account holding is in units (not shares) that trade at a different rate than the retail fund.

Manual price entry is often the only possible approach.     
This discussion has been closed.