One Step Update anomaly

tmucsu
tmucsu Member ✭✭
I have several accounts in my Quicken file, with various banks and brokerages. Lately when I run One Step Update, none of my accounts is updated. The One Step Update Progress page appears, and each account is marked 'COMPLETE,' but the accounts are not updated. I know that certain accounts will only update once a day, but my brokerage accounts are constantly changing in value, and these changes are not being captured in One Step Update.

But if I select to update one account only, then that account *is* successfully updated. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    I had the same thing happen last night. Did the One Step Update and noticed Fidelity had not changed like I knew it should have. Singled it out for an update and it did (update).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tmucsu said:
    I have several accounts in my Quicken file, with various banks and brokerages. Lately when I run One Step Update, none of my accounts is updated. The One Step Update Progress page appears, and each account is marked 'COMPLETE,' but the accounts are not updated. I know that certain accounts will only update once a day, but my brokerage accounts are constantly changing in value, and these changes are not being captured in One Step Update.

But if I select to update one account only, then that account *is* successfully updated. Anybody else run into this? Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hello tmuscu,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue, but we are happy you reached out to us about this here on the Quicken Community. Before I can offer any troubleshooting guidance, I have a few questions. First, what financial institutions were you able to update successfully? I was also wondering whether or not there may be any active filters in your register, and if you have any VPNs, antivirus software, or firewalls active?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hello, @tmucsu and @JB_105

Thank you both for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this issue. If I am understanding correctly, One Step Update is/was not working for you, though when you tried updating a single account you were able to download transactions?

Is this issue replicable? This is a very curious issue indeed. Could you please also send us your log files? 
    You may do so by navigating to Help > Report a Problem > adding a brief description of the error you are seeing and then > Send to Quicken. 

Once you have gotten this additional information, please let us know so we may continue to diagnose and troubleshoot this error. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • tmucsu
    tmucsu Member ✭✭
    Just sent my log files. Thanks for looking into this.
  • JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    I also sent in my log files right after you asked, however this morning One Step Update worked fine.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Good morning, @JB_105!

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your reply and for sending in your log files.

I apologize for any troubles this error may have caused, however, I am happy to hear you are no longer experiencing this error. Has anything notable changed since you last noticed this issue? (Any software updates, error messages appearing or disappearing, etc...?)

If so, please let us know as it may help others with the same issue. Thank you!

@tmucsu Thank you for sending in your log files. Could you please confirm whether or not you are still experiencing this problem so we can proceed accordingly? Thank you.

-Quicken September
  • tmucsu
    tmucsu Member ✭✭
    Mine is still not working properly. And here is a list of all the weirdness I’m seeing;

One Step Update is still not working. If I choose either the Update icon in my Quicken toolbar, or the Update Accounts icon in the Accounts bar, Quicken goes through all the motions of updating, but in fact no values in any account are actually updated. BUT….if I click on the little down arrow beside the Update icon in the toolbar, and if I then choose one specific account to update, Quicken actually updates ALL my accounts, just as it once did when I chose One Step Updates.

When I run One Step Update, I get the One Step Update Summary Page. This used to list all my accounts (I have 9 or 10 of them) and show the number of transactions that had been added. But now at that Summary Page, I get a listing of only one or two or three of my accounts.

When I choose one account to update, my Update Summary Page lists three or four of my accounts, NOT including the one I requested to be updated.

Earlier today, on the third or fourth time I’d logged in to Quicken during the day, Quicken did not recognize my password. I was able to restore the password, but I thought this problem might be a clue to something.
  • JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Quicken September,
    There were no changes or updates, etc. It worked as normal this morning.
  • mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue rerpeatedly. One step update seems to be working, but many accounts are not actually updated. I must RESET the account in order to get a current update. This has happened with PNC, Ally, AMEX, and Howard Bank.
  • tmucsu
    tmucsu Member ✭✭
    I am making progress, I think. Under Update Settings, I have checked "Download quotes and investment information." Now, when I choose One Step Update, all accounts are updated.
  • Gadawg64
    Gadawg64 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My accounts also do not update. It goes thru the motion, but if you look at the "Last Updated date" while it is supposed to be downloading transactions, it says Dec 20.
    [Removed-Speculation] If we call Tech support, they trouble shoot it like it's an individual problem.
  • skcobb04
    skcobb04 Member
    I have the same problem. I called technical support: absolutely no help. I tried restoring an earlier backup, and it closed my accounts. I’m afraid to try anything else.
  • Pat H
    Pat H Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I run One Step Updates, it says it completes, but no new transactions are added and the online total (both bank accounts and credit cards) does not change. If I go to the individual account online, I can download the transactions and update manually, but that is a pain to do each time!
  • I have the same problem. One Step Update only updates about half my accounts. Most I can update individually but not my Citibank credit card and oftentimes not my Chase credit cards.
This discussion has been closed.