One Step Update "seems" stuck

omandel
omandel Member ✭✭
Hi,
I have many accounts in different financial institutions.
In the past, while the update is running I could see how the update proceeds. For a few months now once the update gets to the middle of the list it seems to freeze for a few minutes and then it ends. When I look at the One Step Update summary, only half of the account appears as completed. However, the "non-completed" / "froze in waiting state" does get updated despite not appearing so.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @omandel

What you are seeing on your One Step Update window is normal behavior. 

The process starts with your "Direct Connect" accounts (mostly banks and brokerage accounts). These typically update one at a time and each account will show the green dot when the have successfully completed their download.  Once all the "Direct Connect" method accounts are done, Quicken then goes to the "Express Web Connect" accounts.  During this phase, you will not see any change on the screen - what you are calling "frozen in waiting state" but Quicken is not frozen, it simply doesn't show the progress of any accounts during this phase.  Rather, it collects the activity of each account - one by one - and when it has finished downloading for all of the Express Web Connect accounts, it then reports the results of all downloaded accounts at the end.

I hope this helps.  Please get back to me if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• omandel
    omandel Member ✭✭
    Hi @Frankx,
    Thanks for the info. It does explain the phenomena of how it looks during the update.
    However, I fail to understand why the Update Summary page display only 4 finance institution instead of ~10. In the past, the summary showed me all my financial accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @omandel

Regarding the Update Summary, I can't see the entire page and also don't know the timing that may have been involved, however you may want to check the setting at the bottom (see Snip below which should be self-explanatory).  In general, I leave the box unchecked and it seems to display all of the accounts that were last updated, but I cannot confirm that it is always accurate because I am really only interested in accounts that don't update.

Hope this helps.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.