Discover Downloads

Recently when I download my transactions into Quicken, I receive a pop up message box that says “To download your Discover Card you must be registered for the Discover Card Account Center”. This message box appears in the middle of the One Step update and after the successful download of the Discover transactions. Until I cancel out of the message, the other accounts pause in their download. I contacted Discover and its not issue on their end. I have Reset the account as well as Deactivated and Reactivated the account. Exited Quicken and re-booted. However the message box continues to pop up. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks
Gene

Windows 10 Pro
Quicken Premier

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gene Castorina, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what connection method are you using? How long has this issue been occuring? Have you changed your credentials fairly recently? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • The connection method is: Direct Connect. I have been using this method for years without an issue.
    This behavior started about a month ago.
    I have not changed any of my credentials.
    If I update the transactions using the "Gear" drop down menu in the Discover Account, the behavior does not occur.
    If I run One Step Update from the Menu Bar, it occurs. The pop up box is the Add Account Dialog Box. There is a Norton Logo in the upper right corner. Below this the message appears.
    The dialogue box pauses the download until it is closed.

I can send screen shots or Quicken Log files if that would help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Gene Castorina, 

Thank you for your response. It would be really helpful to have a screenshot if you are able to attach one. 
    For instructions on attaching a screenshot please click here. Please note that you may need to drage the image file into the response box. 

Apart from having antivirus software installed, do you have a VPN? 

-Quicken Paloma
  • I do not have a VPN.
    I've include some screen shots
  • I see only one was uploaded. Here's another
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Gene Castorina, 

Thank you for your response and the screenshots. I would suggest switching the connection method (unless if you use bank bill pay). Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file. 

To do this you must file deactivate the account. Once it has been deactivated select Tools >Add Account. Type in the name of your financial institution, click on Advanced Options then Express Webconnect. A visual example is below.

In the pop-up window type in your credentials. After your accounts are found click on the drop-down arrow next to the "Add" button and select "Link to existing account". 

Attempt to update and see if the issue is still present after re-linking the account. Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Paloma,
    The WEB Connect did not work. Although I connected using this approach, the pop up box appeared several times during the download. I then did the One Step download and the pop up appeared again. After which another dialogue box appeared that said that Direct Connect is Discover's preferred method of connection. I've reverted to Direct Connect.

What's odd is that this behavior occurs after the Discover Transaction have been downloaded and prevents the remaining accounts from downloading until I can cancel out of the pop up.

I'm using the latest version of Quicken R 36.54
  • Update
    I had received a new Card from Discover over a year ago and registered it for downloads as well as deactivated the old card after the last transaction was received. I then hid the old account. I had no issues with down loading transactions until about a month ago. After reading the post "One Step Update Repeatedly asks me to sync account at Citi", it dawned on me that perhaps Quicken was trying to connect to the old Discover account because it had not been "Closed" it at the time. So I closed the account in Quicken and the problem disappeared!
This discussion has been closed.