Quicken won't sync with bank account

mmathur
mmathur Member
From looking at my transaction history, I can see that Quicken (v6.5.1 for Mac) stopped syncing with my bank account (First Republic) after several months of having done so successfully. It is still syncing with my credit card account. When I click the sync icon, it prompts me to enter a verification code for my credit card account (the one that does NOT have a syncing problem), and when I do that, I get the same cryptic error described here (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904696/quicken-will-not-sync-http-500).

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mmathur

Based on the information you have provided, I suggest that you contact Q Support via this LINK for additional assistance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mmathur
    mmathur Member
    Thanks. I was hoping there might be some known fix since they're off for the holidays, but will call then if needed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @mmathur

You might want to try refreshing the branding.  Here are the instructions for both Windows and Mac:

Windows

1. Click Tools Menu > Click Online Center.
    2. Press and hold the ctrl-shift keys on your keyboard and click Contact Info.
    3. Choose your Vanguard account from the accounts drop down list.  Only one is needed if you have more. 
    4. Put a checkmark in “Financial Institution Branding and Profile” checkbox.  You can optionally choose to Download FI list
    5. Click Refresh button.
    6. Choose Vanguard from Financial Institution list. 
    7. Click Update/Send.  You may be prompted to enter your Password Vault password. 
    8. Click Update Now in the One Step Update Settings dialog.

You should now successfully download your Vanguard transaction information.

Mac

Open and close Quicken for Mac to refresh branding.  You should now successfully download your Vanguard transaction information.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.