How do I clear the New Schwab checking so I can use it in 2022

Options
Budholm
Budholm Member ✭✭
During the transition for the Schwab accounts, I kept them "separate", manually updated and used the old accounts. Now I would like to transition over to the Schwab Checking, but it has a lot of erroneous data. As an example, for some reason, the account was autofilling the "category". One of the community members helped me with that, but it didn't take away all the old info. Also, there have been several "problems" with the transition that have caused some double posting or missing transactions, not to mention an erroneous balance.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Budholm, to clarify are you asking how to start the account from scratch for 2022 because of the incorrect data in the account currently? 
  • Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Quicken Jade, yes, so that I start with a balance (or similar) and go from there. I will still have the historical info in the old account that I will keep "separate" like I am doing now for the new one.
  • Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today, the bank download started "autofilling" the category column again, even though I have changed the settings to prevent this from happening; so it must be in the Quicken-Schwab program for banking. Also, the running balance shown, and the online balance are very different (high four figures), even though it only has the entries it downloaded.
This discussion has been closed.