Issue Linking eBill for Rockland Electric

I'm unable to link eBill with Rockland Electric (aka Orange & Rockland Electric, oru.com). My login and password are correct, I receive the one-time verification code via txt during registration but then it is just an endless cycle of login failed, another one-time code...wash, rinse and repeat. I tried both Rockland Electric and ORU icons during setup. Same result.
Any ideas?
Thx!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @pmininni!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I apologize that you are experiencing this error. I just checked your sync status for Orange & Rockland through our eBiller service BillGo and it looks like your status is Locked

I advise that you reach out to 
    Orange & Rockland directly to see why your account is reporting as locked. If Orange & Rockland provides pushback or states that everything is okay with your account, please let us know so that we can report this error internally through BillGo. Thank you and have a great day! :) 

-Quicken September
  • pmininni
    pmininni Member
    Thank you Quicken September. The dialogue box in Quicken says the following (don't see a way to upload a screenshot):
    eBiller Status: Locked
    Your eBill provider is preventing Quicken from connecting
    Orange & Rockland requires a one-time verification code in order to sync your account.
    eBiller Website
    http://www.oru.com/
    If I click continue I receive another one-time code and this message just repeats. The account doesn't seem to be actually locked out as I can login to the website manually.
    Thx
  • Quicken September
    Hello again, @pmininni

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your update! You may attach a screenshot by simply dragging and dropping the image directly into your response if you do not see the option to attach images. :)

We appreciate the detail! Thank you for providing us with this additional information. Would you please try reaching out to Rockland to confirm that there is no further action or authentication required for your account? Once we can verify that there are no restrictions on your account, we may submit a report through BillGo. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • pmininni
    pmininni Member
    Attached screenshot.
    I will reach out to Rockland Electric as well.
    Thx
  • Quicken September
    Hi there, @pmininni

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, though I apologize for the trouble. We look forward to hearing your response so that we can move forward with a resolution, accordingly. Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

-Quicken September 
  • pmininni
    pmininni Member
    Hi. I have confirmed with Rockland Electric that my login account is fine. They see my login from the browser successful. However, they do not see the login attempt from Quicken. I was also told that if the Quicken service is trying to login to ORU from outside the U.S. that it will automatically be blocked.
    Thx
  • Quicken September
    Hi, @pmininni

Thank you for reaching back out with your update, though I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I just checked the eBiller's status in BillGO and their status is now reporting as Degraded. It looks like you are not the only person running into these issues and that others reported this issue as well, between our exchanges here.

The status Degraded means that this issue has been reported and investigated and we are aware of the issue with the eBiller. Currently, Sync, Document, and Payment are all unavailable for Orange & Rockland. We do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved, however, this issue is known and a resolution should be coming. I apologize for the trouble, but I hope you have a wonderful rest of your night. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • pmininni
    pmininni Member
    Hi Quicken September. The issue of not being able to use Quicken with Rockland Electric has existed for 2 years. So it's probably not related to the current Degraded status. But I will wait for the current degraded status to be resolved.
    Thx
  • pmininni
    pmininni Member
    This still isn't working. Was anything identified to help this issue?
    Thx!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.