Account name change results in previous account name auto populating during reconciliation entry.

Options
Chris33708
Chris33708 Member
I am using Quicken for Windows 10 and noticed that after recently changing the account name for one of my credit card accounts (bank name change ie Bank A to Bank B) the payee name that automatically populates the payment entry following reconciliation is the former name of the account (Bank A). I can manually edit the bank name each time, but would prefer to find a way to have the new bank name (Bank B) automatically pulled in for the payment entry after completing the monthly reconciliation. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, are you aware of any way to fix this issue so that Bank B (the new name on the Quicken account) automatically populates the payment entry?

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi @Chris33708, I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. One place you can check is Tools > Memorized Payee List, and you can find the payee name here as well as edit it. Additionally, there may be a renaming rule you can check this by going to Tools > Renaming Rules and you can also edit or delete renaming rules here. Please let me know if either of these suggestions resolves your issue! Thanks :smile:
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.