eBills setup Frequency -Monthly or Once

I am having a Bills & Income > Projected balance problem that I think is related to the Frequency dropdown in my scheduled bills. I have the account setup to download transactions and it links eBills to it.

I think to correct the problem I'm seeing, I need to change linked eBills to Once instead of Monthly.

If I do this, will it still download an eBill each month going forward and give me a proper notification so I don't forget a payment? My workflow has me using my scheduled bills list to ensure everything is paid on time.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am having a Bills & Income > Projected balance problem that I think is related to the Frequency dropdown in my scheduled bills. I have the account setup to download transactions and it links eBills to it.

I think to correct the problem I'm seeing, I need to change linked eBills to Once instead of Monthly.

If I do this, will it still download an eBill each month going forward and give me a proper notification so I don't forget a payment? My workflow has me using my scheduled bills list to ensure everything is paid on time.
    Hello Jaybird180,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustrating issue, but before I answer your question, I want to be clear on what the problem is. Are you saying that the account is creating excess eBills? Does this happen every time you update the account?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    The number of eBills seems correct in the list of Bills. The amount due is incorrect and requires me to manually modify it, despite the notation next to the amount box that says 'an estimate is fine and will be updated when the next eBill is received' (words to that effect). The software uses that amount to project Net Worth and funds available going forward, making strategic planning obscure.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Jaybird180.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your update, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. Is this issue only happening with one eBiller? If so, which eBiller is this affecting? Or, conversely, is this a widespread issue throughout your Bills

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out with your answers so that we may continue diagnosing and troubleshooting this error. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

-Quicken September
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    It appears to be all of my eBills. They create an ongoing payment due for the same amount.
  • Quicken September
    Hello again, @Jaybird180!

Thank you for your quick response though I am sorry for the trouble.
    It appears to be all of my eBills. They create an ongoing payment due for the same amount.

Is this amount the same across all bills? Or does each bill have a certain amount that it sticks to? Additionally, does this issue persist if you unlink the eBill and then relink it? You may do this through the dropdown you get when you press the three dots next to the eBill.

Thank you for all of your patience and cooperation through this process. 

-Quicken September
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    Each account has its related amount which appears static for that account. In some respects, it's reasonable that a person would make a payment each month, but the software may not be sophisticated enough to determine how much that payment would be for a future month.
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    I haven't tried unlinking eBills and redo. I can give that a try for a sample account and see what happens.
  • Quicken September
    Hi, @Jaybird180

Thank you for your updating us with this information and for trying to unlink/relink the eBill. I apologize for the trouble, however, I am interested to see if anything changes. Please keep us updated so that we may assist you further with this additional information. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    I unlinked one of them, and it returned the same. Here is some new information. I have the upcoming payment for 1/4/22 in the register. When I re-linked the eBill it said the 4 Jan payment status is unpaid. It created a payment due for 2/4. My payments are recorded as transfers from checking to the relevant account. This allows me to accurately track the checking balance after the credit card is paid, ensuring I have sufficient funds in the account. Is there something else I need to do to tell Quicken I've paid the bill?
  • Hi @Jaybird180,

Thank you for your thorough responses as we work through this together. If Quicken is not marking these bills as paid using the auto-enter function. You are able to go to the Bills & Income tab and then click the three dots located next to said bill under the Actions category. There should be an item that you can click that states mark as paid

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    On that screen it give a list under Activity. The bill we tried to correct shows payment status as Paid in bold green with Payment Method as Paid Directly.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    On that screen it give a list under Activity. The bill we tried to correct shows payment status as Paid in bold green with Payment Method as Paid Directly.
    Hello Jaybird180,

I am happy that you are continuing to follow up with us. I want to understand a little more about the problem as it is developing, however. Is the issue now that the dates on the payments are incorrect? Are you noticing inaccurate amounts at this point?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    The date is correctly reflecting due on the 4th of the month, but there is a mismatch, not sure what or if I caused it by entering it as a scheduled future payment before having eBills setup. Do you think it makes sense for me to let this continue to develop to determine better what is happening and return to this discussion after the 2/4 payment?
  • Hi @Jaybird180,

Thank you so much for your continuing responses. In order to find a resolution and help you to the best of our abilities, it is great to have as much information regarding the error occurring as you can provide. If you would like to wait until this next scheduled payment has occurred and then come back with more information. That would be lovely. 

Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing your response regarding this error. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.