Tax Planner - can't see previous Cap Gains after new year rolls

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I encounter this hurdle every year with Tax Planner.
After Dec 31st - and starting Quicken in January - the Tax Planner no longer shows any way to get the previous year of Cap Gains - it's only looking at current year.  Most of the other entries have the previous year Actual + current year Projected.....

The Cap Gains is a real stumbling block - once you hit January 1st -
you are not able to use the Tax Planner to look back and calc your previous year Cap Gains.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    FYI, I just looked at capital gains and they are showing up for 2021.  (I assume you set the tax year to 2021 on the right hand side of the initial dialog?  The setting on your image shows 2022)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    hmmm - not sure how you can be seeing the 2021 Cap Gains ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I see 2021 gains just fine (except that they're horribly truncated) in R37.62. I can't explain why your TP shows "from 2022". What release are you on, @Ps56k2 ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    tnx - I've always had this end of year rollover problem...
    not sure what the trigger might be - as I think the other areas are all showing YTD + Projected
    BTW - on the YEAR menu drop down - I am showing 2021 & 2022 - but can't select the 2022 ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    BTW - on the YEAR menu drop down - I am showing 2021 & 2022 - but can't select the 2022 ?
    Does your PC clock know what year it is? Are you using a current release of Q? If so, your Quicken is broken and you'll want to try all the usual troubleshooting steps.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Based on a comment in another thread, @Ps56k2 is using R37.37 which does not have the tax planner update for 2022. The installation is behaving as it would have in previous years when Quicken was not making timely updates to the tax planner. It can be corrected by updating to either of the latest versions of R36 or R37.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20230264/#Comment_20230264
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Well.... it looks like most of the entries are showing the same "Quicken Data (from 2022)" date.... 
    Except - Only the DIVS is showing the 2021 data.... 
    with the Cap Gains being the number that I'm really after, the rest are pretty static.
    And...
    yes - the DATE/YEAR is correct -
    yes - the 2021 is selected in the upper left area.... walked the -> Projected -> MFJ --> 2021
    Changed the date on an end of year CG transaction from 12/31/21 to 1/1/22 - and it showed up - put it back into 2021.
    SO.... not sure where or how the "2022" date is being triggered for all the data gathering.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    First of all I never use tax planner for real purposes other than planning.  That is I use reports to get something like capital gains.  But it should still work.

Did you read the info on the right side of the opening dialog about picking scenario first and then picking the year?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• I just import the 2020 TurboTax file to update Carryover losses.
This discussion has been closed.