Why is the Planning / Budget function broken?

The generation from Reports / Spending / Itemized Categories does not agree with the Actuals shown in the Budget. The Itemized Categories are correct, these are verified. Drilling down on an Actual value in the Budget will show negative entries in the display box. This error is replicated in multi drill downs.
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One possibility is that the budget views "Actuals" includes reminders if you have that option on, the reports never do.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jimarcher6837
    jimarcher6837 Member ✭✭
    There are no reminders. I do not know how to use them. Where are they found?
  • jimarcher6837
    jimarcher6837 Member ✭✭
    Chris, I tried using the Budget function last year, but the application does not appear to handle Investing transactions and categories correctly. When I drill down on a category, the detail box opens and will show negative values plus the correct positive values. Values are duplicated, plus and minus. I do not find this issue in the banking functions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl+J will take you to the reminder dialog.

To use them in the budget or not you select Budget Actions -> View Options -> Include Reminders

As for budgeting investment transactions, I haven't done any of that so I can't really tell you what might be going wrong there.

But in general, I will say that there are certainly inconsistencies between the way the reports and the views work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jimarcher6837
    jimarcher6837 Member ✭✭
    It is not a Reminder conflict. I don't actively budget investment transaction, the Budget interface does that. I have found that the _DivInc and _LTCapGnDst functions do not correctly track the transaction / category. It will randomly produce a negative and positive number for the same transaction in the rollup. This strikes me as a database and query problem. Last year I had to create new categories for _DivInc. I will not for _LTCapGnDist. I will contact Quicken Support on these. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.