Adding Capital One CC account

jhmh
jhmh Member
With Quicken support managed to fix problems with existing Capital One Credit Card a few weeks ago. Just got a new Cap One card and find that I cannot add it as a Quicken account. The same old CC-501 error message.

Answers

• Carol
    Carol Member ✭✭✭
    How many of us must complain, and how often, to get Quicken to fix this problem with Capital One?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Carol,

Sorry that you are still having Cap1 problems. 

Can you tell us what steps you have tried to fix the CC-501 issue?  I'm sure that you must have followed some prior guidance that you may have received, but if you tell us what you've already done that will help us to help you.

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• criess
    criess Member ✭✭
    I'm also impacted by the CC-501 issue with CapitalOne. I've tried everything (deactivate, re-activate, validate, using older backups, etc). The only thing that slightly works is creating a new test data file that only has a CapitalOne account. But when I switch back to my main data file (that has 20 years of data) it returns the CC-501 issue.

Another interesting wrinkle is when I use the test data file and deactivate and attempt to reauthorize the account it also returns CC-501 issue.

So the only thing I've got to work is creating a brand new data file and even that has issues.
  • Carol
    Carol Member ✭✭✭
    Frankx, first I ran "validate and repair," which did not reveal any problems. Then I went to my Cap1 account on the web and logged in, just to make sure my account was in good order, with no problems.
    Then I deactivated and then reactivated the account, which did not help.

Then when I try to update my Quicken accounts, all my accounts update except I get the message, "Capital One Banking requires you to authorize your accounts. Capital One Banking requires you to sign in using their secure authentication system to connect to Quicken."

When I click on the NEXT button it takes me to a screen that says "Review the following information before you sign in," and then there's a button to sign in.

I click on the sign-in button and it takes me to an "add account" screen with a Capital One logo.

I sign in using my username and password
    and I am taken to a screen that says "Quicken would like to access your account information. Select accounts to share."
    It shows my accounts and there are check boxes with checks in them. I click on the "authorize" button.

Now I'm taken to a Quicken screen that says "activate One Step Update," and there is the comment, "Oops. We're having a problem. CC - 501."

There's a field that says "sign in to connect your accounts to Quicken."

Then it asks for Capital One Banking user ID and Capital One Banking password.

Once again I fill that information in and click the connect button ... and the whole tedious, fruitless procedure begins again.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When asking about connection problems, it's important to specify the exact "R" release of Quicken you're using. Some releases work and some don't, especially right now when the releases are confusing. If you're not at R37.62, update to that and try again. If that fails, there may be an R36 release that will work.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• criess
    criess Member ✭✭
    @"Rocket J Squirrel" How do you get to version R37.62? I'm at R36.57 (Build 27.1.36.57) which I just downloaded from quicken.com
  • criess
    criess Member ✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel I had to go here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product and download the mondo patch.

Now, I'm at R37.62 and I get the error in the screen shot.

So both R36 and R37 have fail to allow me to activate my CapitalOne account.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    criess said:
    So both R36 and R37 have fail to allow me to activate my CapitalOne account.
    Bummer. I guess you'll have to contact Quicken Support on Monday. I was able to reactivate my CapOne card using some version of R36 a week or so ago. I would have imagined they'd have rolled that fix into R37 by now, but who knows.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• svikas
    svikas Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Stuck in a loop. I am on R37.66 version. I did perform Validate and Super Validate. Didn't solve the problem. I created a test file and added the capital one accounts there. Worked flawlessly. Came back to my actual data file and I still have the cc-501error message. Very furstraing.
This discussion has been closed.