Cannot enter transactions after 12/31/2021

Options
When I tried to enter a transaction after 12/31/2021, the cursor turns to a spinning circle and nothing can be done. There was a post and patch related to this. I downloaded and installed it. This did not seem to fix the problem. It seems re-sorting the transaction register to newest transactions at the top "fixes" the problem, but it only appears to work for bank registers and not for investment registers. I am using Quicken for Windows, running under Parallels, Quicken Version 37.65 Build 27.1.37.65. NOTE:the same spinning circle appears when moving the cursor to the "Tags" area below.

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update: I now find that in any register, if you expand the "download transactions" section and then move the cursor back up to the last line of the register, you can enter a transaction (e.g. the spinning circle does not appear). It seems the problem is where the cursor is on the screen. While this could be a computer/OS problem on my end, the problem only occurs with Quicken, and appears to be the way the cursor position is being "read" by the program. And the problem occurs on this page also; to enter test in this box I have to scroll the box up so it is in the upper 2/3rds of the screen (but if I move the cursor all the say down to the dock, it works OK).
  • Frith
    Frith Member ✭✭
    Options
    This gets more and more interesting. In the Quicken app, and on this web page, there appears to be a white square, very faint, that is at the bottom of the screen, just to the left of center, about a third of the page height. Very faint, almost as if this page is 90% opaque and hence the square is just slightly visible (you can just make out the edges, the rest is white (same color as the background to this page). Any time the cursor gets within that square the spinning circle starts and it is not possible to do anything. If you move the cursor away from that area, everything is OK. This "phantom" square does not show up in any other program or on any other non-Quicken web page.
  • Frith
    Frith Member ✭✭
    Options
    Resolved. Not a Quicken issue. I shut down Windows - a proper closing of Windows (shift-close), not just putting it into hibernation. Then restarted it and opened Quicken and all worked well. Interesting that the problem only manifested itself with the Quicken app or Quicken website open. But once I did a proper reboot of Windows, all was fine.
This discussion has been closed.