Vanguard downloads from 12-30 and 12-31 have disappeared

Options
RWWW
RWWW Member ✭✭
I have the current release and the last 2 days of December downloads from vanguard were accepted but have disappeared. Share balances are now incorrect. subsequent downloads does not correct the problem.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @RWWW

Sorry to hear that you are having those issues with your Vanguard accounts. There are potentially two options that may be available to you. 

The first is the use of downloading the data from the Vanguard website.  If you go to your account on the Vanguard website and open the account in question, you should see a "Download" link (usually in the upper right).  Click on that and it will provide you with various options for Quicken downloads (all accounts, some accounts, one account) and after you make your selections a .QFX will be downloaded to your device.  From there, all you need to do is to click on it and it will download the transactions that you have selected.

The other option would be to go to the Vanguard website > click on "Balances and Holdings" > page down to the account in question and click on "Transaction History" > in the next window click on the time frame you want (likely 1 month) then click "Update Table" > you should see the deleted transactions.  From there, if you'd like, you can manually enter the individual transactions that you lost for the last 2 days of December.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RWWW
    RWWW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, your first method ended with the same result as my problem. The identified transactions do not appear in the register after download. The second method, manual download, is not feasible as there are too many year end transactions to manually input. I believe their must be a bug in the quicken or Vanguard systems that needs to fixed.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    R37.66, released yesterday indicates it fixed an issue that sounds similar to yours. Try installing the Mondo Patch from the Quicken support site. Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Otherwise, manual entry or reverting to a backup file taken before the downloads are your only options. Lesser of 2 evils choice.
  • RWWW
    RWWW Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had already updated to version 37.66 so it seems the problem not really be fixed by quicken. In addition, I note that the balance showing the amount of securities held has been properly updated in Quicken but the actual purchase or sale transaction does not show up in the register once downloaded.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @RWWW

If you open up the account register in Quicken and click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > then select "Reconcile Shares" > what message do you receive?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RWWW
    RWWW Member ✭✭
    Options
    No message but the shares are out of balance by the transactions that do not appear in the register but were downloaded
This discussion has been closed.