Projected Balances in Bills & Income has balance wrong

I've noticed that when I issue QuickPay in advance for some bills, the Projected Balances do NOT take these QuickPay entries into account. As a result, I cannot count on Projected Balances to help me understand if I have enough money in my checking account to pay upcoming bills.

My setup: Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property vR36.23, Build 27.1.36.23. Windows 10 Pro x64 with all important/critical updates applied.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    When you enter a payment in advance, the payment transaction should appear in the register.   If they do, I suspect you're experiencing a long standing Quicken bug where the projected balance amount is correct but the  transactions appear to be missing.  I have found toggling Combine Bills, Income & Transfers appears to temporarily resolve the issue.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    When you enter a payment in advance, the payment transaction should appear in the register.   If they do, I suspect you're experiencing a long standing Quicken bug where the projected balance amount is correct but the  transactions appear to be missing.  I have found toggling Combine Bills, Income & Transfers appears to temporarily resolve the issue.
  • Rx
    Rx Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock, the toggle trick worked; yes, my transactions were in the register. How long has this annoying bug been around? Any commitment from Quicken to fix it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rx said:
    Thanks Sherlock, the toggle trick worked; yes, my transactions were in the register. How long has this annoying bug been around? Any commitment from Quicken to fix it?
    The bug has been around for about 4 years.  I've never known Quicken to commit to fixing a bug by any date.  We always get the it'll be addressed in a future release.

The earliest post I can find on the topic is an archived from January 2nd, 2018 where users reported the issue on upgrade from Quicken 2017 to the Quicken Subscription release.  Quicken Moderators merged multiple threads and one user has posted their chat with Quicken Support.

I first posted the temporary work around over a year later on January 13th, 2019 when I upgraded from Quicken 2016 which was due to expire on April 30th, 2019.
  • lawrencef14
    lawrencef14 Member ✭✭
    I really couldn't understand the options for this but after playing around a bit I figured out how to correct my -850K projected balance. I had to look at the calendar and go back a couple of years to find the old Bill Reminders I had. I could only find them on the calendar. I had to double click on the Reminder, then Edit, and Delete. Finally, my projected balance is correct.
This discussion has been closed.