Quicken for Mac - Fidelity 401k Positive/Negative Weirdness

robjessica
robjessica Member ✭✭✭
Noticed on 12/31 the ETF updates from Fidelity didn't process for the day which I thought was weird. Waited for last night to see what would happen updating the account value properly. It was around 10pm EST and Quicken was highlighting the next day in blue in the calendar which I thought was weird. It wasn't 1/4, so why would today be gray and tomorrow blue? It finally spins past midnight and updates the ETF values for 1/3 in the registry. Well, it gets the value for 1/3 correct but it ALSO puts the 1/3 value in as a negative on 1/4. I called Quicken support this morning and they advised that I should contact Fidelity support. That cannot be the answer, can it? Hey, Fidelity, why is Quicken processing the account value twice for a given day and showing the wrong current day in their application?

Comments

• robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    For any others having the same issue, starting a new file, relinking to Fidelity corrects the issue. However, you lose all your history in the process.
  • robjessica
    robjessica Member ✭✭✭
    Well, figured something else out. Trying to add it into my existing file creates the same issue. Starting a brand new file resolves the issue. But I would lose all history of everything so would prefer to avoid that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed on 12/31 the ETF updates from Fidelity didn't process for the day which I thought was weird. Waited for last night to see what would happen updating the account value properly. It was around 10pm EST and Quicken was highlighting the next day in blue in the calendar which I thought was weird. It wasn't 1/4, so why would today be gray and tomorrow blue? It finally spins past midnight and updates the ETF values for 1/3 in the registry. Well, it gets the value for 1/3 correct but it ALSO puts the 1/3 value in as a negative on 1/4. I called Quicken support this morning and they advised that I should contact Fidelity support. That cannot be the answer, can it? Hey, Fidelity, why is Quicken processing the account value twice for a given day and showing the wrong current day in their application?
    @robjessica,

I know that these kinds of register issues can be perplexing. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to the attention of the Quicken Community. How often do you save backups, and is there a backup from prior to 12/31/2021? Is there any way you could restore that backup? Be sure that it is saved locally to your computer, first. You can always restore a backup by going to File > Restore a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Saving a backup would be done from the same menu, in File. Be sure to do this as often as possible.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.