Chase Bank error code 10898

garygiles
garygiles Member
I have not been able to download from Chase. I get error code 10898 says check for secure message from Chase and I can't use a link from 5/2021 that is inactive.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    garygiles said:
    I have not been able to download from Chase. I get error code 10898 says check for secure message from Chase and I can't use a link from 5/2021 that is inactive.
    Hello @garygiles,

Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community about this matter, and I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this download issue. Based on the information given, it sounds like this might be a BID error message. Frequently, these are caused by one of a few things:

• Antivirus Software, such as MalwareBytes
    • VPNs, or Virtual Private Networks
    • FireWall Settings

I would recommend toggling your FireWall off, uninstalling any anti-virus software, and then checking your VPN settings to see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • gmjfec
    gmjfec Member
    I have the same problem and I do not have any fire wall, VPN or anti-virus software
  • Quicken Jared
    gmjfec said:
    I have the same problem and I do not have any fire wall, VPN or anti-virus software
    Hello @gmjfec,

Would it be possible for you to send logs regarding this problem? You would do this by going to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Preferably, you would do so while the error message appears in the Add/Link Account window, so that an image of the error can be preserved. Finally, you would write a brief description and click Send to Quicken. This information will help our support team to determine a resolution more quickly after analyzing the uploaded data.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • KMPatton
    KMPatton Member ✭✭
    I have the same exact problem. My Chase credit card hasn't downloaded any transactions since Dec 22, 2021. I don't get any errors, it just isn't updating. I have disconnected and reconnected to Chase several times and still nothing. I am using Quicken Deluxe, Version 6.5.1 MacOS 12.0.1. It appears this is happening to a lot of us users. Thanks!
  • KMPatton
    KMPatton Member ✭✭
    Correction: It appears none of my Chase accounts are updating since Dec 22, 2021
  • rllewis
    rllewis Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I am unable to pay my Chase bill using Quick Pay. When I try, it crashes Quicken (6.5.1) and the payment fails.
  • Quicken Jared
    rllewis said:
    I am unable to pay my Chase bill using Quick Pay. When I try, it crashes Quicken (6.5.1) and the payment fails.
    Hello @rllewis

I am distressed to hear that you are experiencing crashes when trying to make payments via Quick Pay. Thanks for reaching out to us about this. When did this issue begin, as far as you can tell?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.