Bank Of America asks me to sign on to Quicken before it lets me in.

Options
msantarc
msantarc Member
When I log on to Bank OF America (From my desktop), I get the following message:
---
We want to make sure you stay protected when you link your Bank of America account to financial management software. To confirm your access to Quicken or QuickBooks, please select OK to complete the sign-in process.

After selecting OK you’ll need to sign in to Quicken or QuickBooks within 10 minutes. Please note that if you use the software on more than one device, you’ll need to perform this step on each device.
---
After following the instructions, it lets me in, but the next time I try to log on, I get the same message. BofA told me to call Intuit. (I'm sensing the start of finger pointing here.)

Does anyone here have a solution?

Best Answer

• msantarc
    msantarc Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out.
    None of the solutions in that link are what I am experiencing, but I finally spoke with a tech support person at Quicken and the problem turned out to be that I was typing in bankofamerica.com and I needed to type www.bankofamerica.com.
    I've been able to drop the WWW on most other sites I use but, apparently, without the www, it is some sort of shortcut that is remembering bad information. Simply adding WWW. to my link resolved my problem.
    Thanks for trying to help.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• msantarc
    msantarc Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out.
    None of the solutions in that link are what I am experiencing, but I finally spoke with a tech support person at Quicken and the problem turned out to be that I was typing in bankofamerica.com and I needed to type www.bankofamerica.com.
    I've been able to drop the WWW on most other sites I use but, apparently, without the www, it is some sort of shortcut that is remembering bad information. Simply adding WWW. to my link resolved my problem.
    Thanks for trying to help.
This discussion has been closed.