Quicken Home & Business Canadian Edition - For Bus. Account -Sales Tax Not Posting in Create Invoice

Options
DonM52
DonM52 Member ✭✭
After creating a New File for a new business and setting up the Business Accounts for the business, Quicken 'Create Invoice' dosn't calculate the HST Sales Tax, doesn't include Sales Tax in the body of the invoice and doesn't post the Sales Tax to the Sales Tax account; it does, however, create the Sales Tax account when you set up the Accounts Receivable account.

Best Answer

• DonM52
    DonM52 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I figured out what was causing this problem. I used Quicken's Quick Business Setup under the Business Tools tab to set up the business accounts including Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable; however, you then need to go back to the Account List under the Tools tab on the general menu (i.e. not under the Business menu) and select the Accounts Receivable account and select edit and make sure that the Tax-tracking Enabled is set to 'Yes'. It appears that the Quick Business Setup defaults Tax-tracking Enabled to 'No'.

Answers

• DonM52
    DonM52 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I figured out what was causing this problem. I used Quicken's Quick Business Setup under the Business Tools tab to set up the business accounts including Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable; however, you then need to go back to the Account List under the Tools tab on the general menu (i.e. not under the Business menu) and select the Accounts Receivable account and select edit and make sure that the Tax-tracking Enabled is set to 'Yes'. It appears that the Quick Business Setup defaults Tax-tracking Enabled to 'No'.
This discussion has been closed.