Error updating

Options
j3landon
j3landon Member
I have a subscription and tried to update from R36.38 to R37.66. I get network error; "Windows cannot access C:\program files(x86)\quicken\quickenPatch.exe". Runnings network diagnostics does not find a problem. It says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". The error details says "error code 0x8007046b3 network path was not typed correctly, does not exist or the network provider is not available".
I do not have any other network problems. I can updated all my accounts.
Any help appreciated.
John

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @j3landon, I'm sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Can you try updating using our Mondo Patch, here is the link
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Please let me know if this works!
    - Quicken Jade
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    j3landon said:
    I have a subscription and tried to update from R36.38 to R37.66. I get network error; "Windows cannot access C:\program files(x86)\quicken\quickenPatch.exe". Runnings network diagnostics does not find a problem. It says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". The error details says "error code 0x8007046b3 network path was not typed correctly, does not exist or the network provider is not available".
    I do not have any other network problems. I can updated all my accounts.
    Any help appreciated.
    John
    I think, the error condition is incorrectly diagnosed and therefore worded incorrectly. It should be more like "cannot access file. File in use by other process"
    And in that case, the finger points to your Antivirus software scanning the program and interfering with the installation process. Do you use Trend Micro AV? If yes, this has been reported a number of times. The workaround is to stop AV for the duration of the installation process and restart it afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.