My Quicken will no longer allow detailed tracking for my TD Ameritrade Institutional Investments

Gilbert@
Gilbert@ Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
For years I've been doing detailed tracking of my investments with TD Ameritrade Institutional. I'm not sure why, but the connection type for my accounts have changed from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect, and I can no longer get detailed tracking of my investment accounts (that options is greyed out and not selectable). I'm trying to change connection type back to Direct Connect, but apparently I don't have the passwords/PIN that is necessary to do that. I do have the user/ID and password necessary to login to my TD Ameritrade Institutional Account. I'm at a loss as to how to get detailed tracking back.

Best Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Gilbert@ said:
    For years I've been doing detailed tracking of my investments with TD Ameritrade Institutional. I'm not sure why, but the connection type for my accounts have changed from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect, and I can no longer get detailed tracking of my investment accounts (that options is greyed out and not selectable). I'm trying to change connection type back to Direct Connect, but apparently I don't have the passwords/PIN that is necessary to do that. I do have the user/ID and password necessary to login to my TD Ameritrade Institutional Account. I'm at a loss as to how to get detailed tracking back.
    Hello @Gilbert@,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these difficulties with Detailed Tracking information. I thank you for reaching out about this on the Quicken Community. Unfortunately, it appears as though TD Ameritrade no longer offers the Direct Connection method for the TD Ameritrade Institutional instance in the bank list in Quicken. I would recommend reaching out to TD Ameritrade to see if there are any instances which would allow your TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts to link via the Direct Connect method. It may be necessary to request to speak with an escalations team or Tier 2 support, as Tier 1 agents may not be familiar with the Quicken software.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gilbert@
    Gilbert@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks ... I have learned that TD Ameritrade Direct Connect only works using TD Ameritrade, not TD Ameritrade institutional, and you need to get the PIN directly from TD Ameritrade that is necessary to connect the account using Direct Connect.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Gilbert@ said:
    Hello @Gilbert@,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these difficulties with Detailed Tracking information. I thank you for reaching out about this on the Quicken Community. Unfortunately, it appears as though TD Ameritrade no longer offers the Direct Connection method for the TD Ameritrade Institutional instance in the bank list in Quicken. I would recommend reaching out to TD Ameritrade to see if there are any instances which would allow your TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts to link via the Direct Connect method. It may be necessary to request to speak with an escalations team or Tier 2 support, as Tier 1 agents may not be familiar with the Quicken software.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gilbert@
    Gilbert@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks ... I have learned that TD Ameritrade Direct Connect only works using TD Ameritrade, not TD Ameritrade institutional, and you need to get the PIN directly from TD Ameritrade that is necessary to connect the account using Direct Connect.
  • Dennis@
    Dennis@ Member ✭✭
    TDA Institutional has been linked in my Quicken files for years. Who pulled the rug out and how can it be replaced?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dennis@

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the inconvenience. Connection types especially those using Direct Connect are provided by the financial institution. We do not have access to bank servers, so we are unable to restore or troubleshoot. For more information and further assistance please contact your financial institution. 

Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.