Euro to CAD rate not updating!

DCA
DCA Member ✭✭
It would seem that my Euro conversion rate has been silently remaining the same for the last two years. Did Quicken remove currency updates? Other currencies (even the Rupee!) appear to be still updating. Is this because of Brexit?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the Canadian version of Quicken for Windows, but in my US version there's a Currency List. It contains a record for each currency.
    In the Euro record in your Currency List, what is the Currency Code (not talking about the Currency Symbol here)? EUR or XEU or something else?
    If it isn't "EUR", you'll need to create a new Euro currency entry with EUR as the currency code. You'll also need to start new account registers using the new currency entry, transfer the balance from the old registers and stop using the old registers.
    You also need to do this for all other currency records with invalid currency codes that have account registers.
    A Currency List entry that has accounts tied to it cannot be changed or deleted. An existing account register cannot change its currency.
    See this list for current Currency Codes: https://www.iban.com/currency-codes
    Exchange rate updates download only for currency records with correct currency codes.

• DCA
    DCA Member ✭✭
    My Euro Currency was coded as XEU. I did not want to deal with the mess of transfer of everything to new investment accounts so I tried just editing the Euro code from XEU to EUR and that seems to have worked.

Good thing I was checking this early in tax time instead of just before filing!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCA said:
    My Euro Currency was coded as XEU. I did not want to deal with the mess of transfer of everything to new investment accounts so I tried just editing the Euro code from XEU to EUR and that seems to have worked.

Good thing I was checking this early in tax time instead of just before filing!
    Thanks for responding. I'm glad to hear that, for once, the Canadian version can do something that is sorely missing in the US version: Edit Currency Codes in the Currency List for existing currency records.

This discussion has been closed.