Incorrect Categorization of Schwab Downloads

Options
decl
decl Member
My downloaded transactions that should be characterized as ReinvDiv transactions using the Schwab Investor - C link are improperly characterized as withdraw and shares added. I edited the transactions to ReinvDiv manually to get the share holdings and had to delete withdraw and deposit transactions. Is this a known bug being worked on?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    decl said:
    My downloaded transactions that should be characterized as ReinvDiv transactions using the Schwab Investor - C link are improperly characterized as withdraw and shares added. I edited the transactions to ReinvDiv manually to get the share holdings and had to delete withdraw and deposit transactions. Is this a known bug being worked on?
    Hello @decl,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating issue. I am happy, nonetheless, that you took the time to bring this matter to the attention of the Quicken Community.

Regarding investment transactions associated with Schwab being mischaracterized, some users have noticed that long-term and short-term capital gains and losses are changed to Reinvestment Dividends, although this is uncommon. 

As far as known issues that are currently being investigated and resolved, you can always keep track of any updates in the thread category linked here:

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

I look forward to hearing from you again with any further questions or comments.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • decl
    decl Member
    Options
    my downloaded transactions are being mischaracterized as deposit and withdraw entries that attempt to reconcile the holding value but throw off tax reporting. While it may be uncommon it is still an issue that I suspect others are also facing
This discussion has been closed.