Quicken removing transactions it thinks are duplicates (Q Mac)

Options
brandyq
brandyq Member
Quicken is removing transactions it thinks are duplicates - but are NOT. This messes up balances and tracking. How do I get it to NOT?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brandyq said:
    Quicken is removing transactions it thinks are duplicates - but are NOT. This messes up balances and tracking. How do I get it to NOT?
    Hello @brandyq,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with transactions being removed. Thank you for choosing to speak with us about this problem at the Quicken Community.

In order to help you, I am going to need a little bit more information. When did this issue begin? Are the transactions being removed entered manually or downloaded through online banking services? Also, what categories would these transactions typically receive once they are entered in Quicken?

I look forward to hearing your response, and any possible updates. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • brandyq
    brandyq Member
    Options
    They're downloaded through online banking, each is a separate transaction, they are payments received via paypal.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    brandyq said:
    They're downloaded through online banking, each is a separate transaction, they are payments received via paypal.
    @brandyq,

Thank you for continuing to speak with me about this problem. I still want to know when you first noticed these problems occurring, but it also strikes me as an eminent possibility that you are describing a problem with the FITIDs as they are being received from Paypal's servers.

If you can, I would recommend saving backups frequently. You can always do this by going to File > Save a Backup. Perhaps you have any recent backups saved already; if so, I would recommend that you try to restore from a backup by going into File > Restore from Backup and then selecting a data file - preferably dated to just before you noticed these troubles occurring - and selecting Choose then Restore.

I look forward to any future correspondence and hope to receive updates about this situation, if you have the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • brandyq
    brandyq Member
    Options
    i didn't notice it until recently but it's happened a LOT and they - each and every one - have a completely separate transaction ID. quicken's doing it - same payor and transaction amount. not the most convenient feature i've seen to remove transactions that aren't duplicates. again, how can i get it to STOP.
  • brandyq
    brandyq Member
    Options
    also this is on the order of 51 separate transactions in one day. and again, each have their OWN transaction ID.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    brandyq said:
    also this is on the order of 51 separate transactions in one day. and again, each have their OWN transaction ID.
    @brandyq,

I understand that the problem is extensive and frustrating, but have you tried the steps listed above? I am curious to hear about the results, as I really want to help work toward a resolution here.

I will be looking out for any updates.

Thanks, 

Quicken Jared 
  • brandyq
    brandyq Member
    Options
    The backup would be the same. i literally watched it download just ONE transaction instead of 53 last week. I had to set the balance to match the online balance, but my records for 50+ payments are missing. This is not a corrupt register. This is how quicken PROCESSES the file.
This discussion has been closed.