Sync Error warning on Chase accounts after upgrade

Options
cmcc
cmcc Member ✭✭
This started after the last upgrade. The dialogue shown appears each time and does not resolve. The transactions are downloaded successfully.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cmcc said:
    This started after the last upgrade. The dialogue shown appears each time and does not resolve. The transactions are downloaded successfully.
    Hello @cmcc,

I am so sorry you are experiencing this error message. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this problem, and thank you for providing that helpful screenshot of the particular message you are seeing.

Before I go into any additional detail, what Connection Type are you using to connect to Chase? You can check this by going to Settings > Downloads through the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Quicken window. 

Also, have you tried resetting the cloud? First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup then go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services and click Reset next to your Quicken ID. 

I look forward to hearing any updates from you, should you have the chance to follow up about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • cmcc
    cmcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I reset per instructions but this behavior is unchanged.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    cmcc said:
    Thank you. I reset per instructions but this behavior is unchanged.
    @cmcc,

Hello,

Thank you for keeping me in the loop about these developments and taking the time to speak with me about this. Do you maintain any Charles Schwab accounts on the data file you are currently using? I will need to know this before we move into our next troubleshooting step.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • cmcc
    cmcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, no Schwab accounts
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    cmcc said:
    No, no Schwab accounts
    @cmcc,

Excellent, thanks again for keeping in touch with me. Try opening a 'test file' by going to File > New and then attempt adding your Chase account(s) by clicking the Add Account option, denoted by the "+" sign in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window. 

Are you seeing the same Sync Error?

I look forward to hearing your answer.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • cmcc
    cmcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I performed the actions per instructions for one of my accounts and it updated normally to download transactions going back to October of last year.
  • cmcc
    cmcc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also noticed today that duplicate transactions appeared, going back to last October.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    cmcc said:
    I also noticed today that duplicate transactions appeared, going back to last October.
    @cmcc,

Thank you for keeping in touch with me about this, and I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues. Are the duplicate transactions appearing in the test file, as well? Save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup then select each of the accounts in which you now see duplicate transactions and go to Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account, then delete the duplicate transactions.

Also, when you open your original data file - not the test file - is it being stored in an external hard drive or cloud storage service? Be sure to keep data files that you are currently using somewhere on your MacHD and then open or restore them from there.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.