Category in transactions

JCB.IV
JCB.IV Member
Years ago, in Window > Category, I created "medical payment". In transactions, I try to enter "medical payment" and it will not let me. It defaults to "uncategorized". In the category drop down menu, medical payment is not listed, although it is in Window > Categories. What can I do to add medical payment is categories in transactions? JCB, IV

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    JCB.IV said:
    Years ago, in Window > Category, I created "medical payment". In transactions, I try to enter "medical payment" and it will not let me. It defaults to "uncategorized". In the category drop down menu, medical payment is not listed, although it is in Window > Categories. What can I do to add medical payment is categories in transactions? JCB, IV
    Hello @JCB.IV,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating issue. Thank you for choosing to work with us on this problem here at the Quicken Community. Can you edit transactions after they have already been entered and change the category then? Do you notice any other categories behaving this way?

Also, is there any way you might be willing to send screenshots of the transaction categories as you are entering it in the register and the Category window?

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What happens if you start typing "medical payment" in the Category column while entering a new transaction? As Jared asks, screenshots would be helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.