Why can't I add 2 401k accounts.

am7315
am7315 Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Both my wife and I have 401k accounts at fidelity and work for the same company. Whenever I try to add both our accounts to quicken either it combines the both of them to together or It will show one and the other is blank

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @am7315

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are the accounts under the same login credentials? Also, are you importing the information or attempting to connect through Quicken. 

Please elaborate so that we may be able to provide the proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    They are two separate accounts and I am trying to Connect through Quicken
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    In the past I was able to download both accounts but I would have to deactivate one account and then activate the other account for downloading and vice versa
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited January 2022
    Hello @am7315

Thank you for your response and the additional details. Since they are two separate accounts there should be no issue in adding them. Could you please attempt to add them to a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have a backup of your current file. 

To do this select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the popup window type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created please add your Fidelity 401K accounts only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a chance please attempt a test file and let us know how it goes! If you encounter any errors please be specific. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • am7315
    am7315 Member ✭✭
    So I created the test file and tried adding the 2 40ik accounts. I was able to add the first one but for some reason the amount is roughly double whats online for some reason it adds a cash amount that equals what it says online to the individual mutual fund amounts. when I try to add the second account i just get a blank screen. I included a screenshot.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @am7315

Thank you for your response and the screenshot. Based on the information provided, I would suggest keeping the two accounts in separate files. It seems that there is a conflict having more than one account from that particular financial institution on the same file. 

In addition, I have also sent you a message. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

-Quicken Paloma

This discussion has been closed.