Cannot email invoices from quicken

Every time I update to latest version of quicken, I loose my ability to email invoices. I've read every article and comments. I've tried everything. Even tried restorePdfDriver.bat Still cannot email or print using quicken PDF driver. I end up having to use Microsoft Print to PDF on PORTPROMT: then attach to an email. It's really exhausting having to go through this process every time i send an invoice. Occasionally it comes back when I update latest version, only to go away again. It's really frustrating

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which printer port is the Quicken PDF Printer using? NUL: or PDF1?
    Try PDF1.
    If you know your way around the Printer Properties settings look for what Printer Driver it's using. Mine is set to "Amyuni Document Converter 500". If yours is set to something else, try the "New Driver" button to download and install the 500 driver.
  • Nathan S
    Nathan S Member ✭✭
    I have "Amyuni Document Converter 500" installed. The printer port is NUl, but cannot find PDFI port in Quicken PDF properties. I tried the add port button, but still unable to find anything referencing PDFI.
    I tried a search online for PDFI and it keeps asking me if I meant PDF
  • Nathan S
    Nathan S Member ✭✭
    I meant to thank you for your responce. I've been having this issue for awhile. Whenever I download the latest update for Quicken, I seem to lose this feature, The feature occasionally comes back when the next update is downloaded. It's kind of back and forth and drives me nuts. I can still send invoices by print to file and then attach to email which is a 3 step process compared to one step.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathan S said:
    I have "Amyuni Document Converter 500" installed. The printer port is NUl, but cannot find PDFI port in Quicken PDF properties. I tried the add port button, but still unable to find anything referencing PDFI.
    I tried a search online for PDFI and it keeps asking me if I meant PDF
    The port number is PDF1, with a number 1(one) at the end.

• Nathan S
    Nathan S Member ✭✭
    After spending time trying to change Quicken PDF printer from NUL to PDF1 port, it said PDF1 port already exist and would not allow me to configure it. I found the PDF1 port assigned to the Driver "Amyuni Document Converter" for the Quicken PDF converter. I was still unable to email invoice from Quicken.
    I then went to download transactions from my financial institutions and noticed an update for Quicken.
    I downloaded the update and am now able to send an invoice with no problem again. Go figure!

This has been an ongoing issue. I seem to lose my ability to send emails directly from Quicken when I download an update. Then next time I download an update, it comes back again. It's been doing this for about a year now. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
    Thanks for your attempt to help me with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.