Why do Quicken make me keep adding a security already in my portfolio?

Options
JFAM
JFAM Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
:* I have a Fidelity Government Money Market Fund in my investment account. When I go to buy or sell shares I have to add the security (which shows in my Quicken Holdings) to post the transaction. Quicken does not pick up the transactions from the download automatically.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This Money Market is considered your "core" cash position.  Fidelity does not count your core cash and doesn't include it in any transaction downloads.  This is a Fidelity issue and not a Quicken issue.  I have the same position and also have to manually enter all of the transactions for it.  If you notice when you look at your transactions at Fidelity.com it doesn't show these transactions unless you have to box checked "view settlements in core".  Unfortunately, this does nothing to get these transactions to be picked up in the download. 

FWIW, I also use Schwab and they do the same thing with the core cash position. 

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This Money Market is considered your "core" cash position.  Fidelity does not count your core cash and doesn't include it in any transaction downloads.  This is a Fidelity issue and not a Quicken issue.  I have the same position and also have to manually enter all of the transactions for it.  If you notice when you look at your transactions at Fidelity.com it doesn't show these transactions unless you have to box checked "view settlements in core".  Unfortunately, this does nothing to get these transactions to be picked up in the download. 

FWIW, I also use Schwab and they do the same thing with the core cash position. 
  • JFAM
    JFAM Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information! I think I will simply delete he money market & allow it to show as cash in Quicken. I can then reconcile my cash monthly to the money market.
This discussion has been closed.