Memorized transactions with splits

Options
I get several recurring payments that I use splits to track tax paid, etc. The split amounts and the total amount doesn't change. Quicken will not remember those transactions and gives me the name of payer and category income. Why can't quicken remember the transaction? And yes, I've gone through the list and deleted all but one of those transactions in the memorize list.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you use Scheduled Reminders to keep track of these payments and their category splits?
    Or do you rely on Quicken to pull the proper Payee Name out of the hat (the Memorized Payee List) when you download and accept transactions?
    IMHO, using Scheduled Reminders and recording same on or before their due date works best. It gives Quicken an existing register transaction to match to when you download transactions from the bank.
  • greener333
    greener333 Member ✭✭
    Options
    These payments come from the same organizations, with the same titles. The splits go to defined categories. Quicken usually handles bills and can put them into simple categories, cannot handle regularly occurring income with splits: tax:fed, tax:state, etc
This discussion has been closed.