Synching data between desktop and web version

Options
tom-LelandNC
tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
I am mainly accessing Quicken on my desktop. I have occasionally gone into the Web version on my laptop (iMac is upstairs, laptop is downstairs) and I have assigned some categories to some expenditures. When I go back into the desktop version, the assignments have not taken. Shouldn't the desktop and the Cloud stay in synch?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am mainly accessing Quicken on my desktop. I have occasionally gone into the Web version on my laptop (iMac is upstairs, laptop is downstairs) and I have assigned some categories to some expenditures. When I go back into the desktop version, the assignments have not taken. Shouldn't the desktop and the Cloud stay in synch?
    Hello @tom-LelandNC,

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced, and I am happy you took the time to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you performed a sync from the Quicken application in your desktop? You would need to do this before you see any changes made from the mobile or web app. In order to do this, you would go to Alerts in the top of the Quicken window and then click the 'gear' icon in the upper right edge of the screen. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    Thank you for the reply. I think I have misunderstood this process. I always thought when I close out of the desktop version, and it says"backing up to cloud" that it was synching with the cloud/web version.
    Tom

> @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @tom-LelandNC,
    >
    > I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced, and I am happy you took the time to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Have you performed a sync from the Quicken application in your desktop? You would need to do this before you see any changes made from the mobile or web app. In order to do this, you would go to Alerts in the top of the Quicken window and then click the 'gear' icon in the upper right edge of the screen. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    Thank you for the reply. I think I have misunderstood this process. I always thought when I close out of the desktop version, and it says"backing up to cloud" that it was synching with the cloud/web version.
    Tom

> @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @tom-LelandNC,
    >
    > I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced, and I am happy you took the time to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Have you performed a sync from the Quicken application in your desktop? You would need to do this before you see any changes made from the mobile or web app. In order to do this, you would go to Alerts in the top of the Quicken window and then click the 'gear' icon in the upper right edge of the screen. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 
    @tom-LelandNC,

I do apologize for any confusion, and I know that the matter of the cloud can be perplexing. In this case, the message is indicating that the changes you made in your desktop application are being saved to an automatic backup via the Quicken Cloud, which is not the same as an off-computer storage service. Syncing the mobile and web apps with the desktop app is a different process and this is achieved differently in the Quicken application. 

Hopefully that does clarify the matter, and feel free to ask any additional questions or raise any concerns you may have here on the Quicken Community.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > @tom-LelandNC,
    >
    > I do apologize for any confusion, and I know that the matter of the cloud can be perplexing. In this case, the message is indicating that the changes you made in your desktop application are being saved to an automatic backup via the Quicken Cloud, which is not the same as an off-computer storage service. Syncing the mobile and web apps with the desktop app is a different process and this is achieved differently in the Quicken application. 
    >
    > Hopefully that does clarify the matter, and feel free to ask any additional questions or raise any concerns you may have here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared

It does, thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.