R37.67 - Damages Quicken File

fw6322+
fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
The R37.67 installed and ran a validate.  Message showed file was damage and required to do a file restore.  

Did a restore from non-Quicken backup and all worked.  Did a validate and file was good.

Comments

• ftyminski
    ftyminski Member ✭✭
    Seems Quicken is having lots of updates to fix problems. Standard response, restore last backup. No way to download what has been changed between both files. DATA Log said "Category Deleted" but did not say which one. No easy way to export a Category list to CSV Text or XL file for comparison. Losing edge.
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    Ok. Glad I'm not the only one. It blew up June-Dec of my 2022 Budget! I so wish they would do a better job on validating their updates before they roll them out. I mean, the Budget program has enough unaddressed problems as it is. I sure don't need to be spending my time re-doing everything.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ftyminski said:
    Standard response, restore last backup. No way to download what has been changed between both files.
    If you restore a backup, you should be able to then download transactions which are newer than the backup because the backup file has not yet "seen" the newer transactions.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• lJrqVQytbDnuU
    lJrqVQytbDnuU Member ✭✭
    RJS I am pretty sure the point here is the update should work and the restore and re download of accounts should not happen. I have 300 to 800 transactions a month over 20 accounts that can be very time consuming to verify all is OK. Many times, duplicates still sneak through.

Quicken user since a long time ago, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro. And still will not do an update before coming here to see if there are problems.
This discussion has been closed.