when manually inputting IRA sales transactions within a mutual fund to the sweep account,

I get a drop down window: Your making a contribution to an IRA before 4/15. Which tax year is this for 2020 or 2021. How do I stop this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dave Boyd,

Unfortunately, you cannot stop that question from popping-up. 

As I would expect, it is Quicken's way of making sure that a transaction which occurs within a time frame that could relate to either of two tax years, is applied to the proper tax year.  I would view it as being a control that helps users to make sure their data is correctly entered.  But that is only one person's view.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dave Boyd,

Unfortunately, you cannot stop that question from popping-up. 

As I would expect, it is Quicken's way of making sure that a transaction which occurs within a time frame that could relate to either of two tax years, is applied to the proper tax year.  I would view it as being a control that helps users to make sure their data is correctly entered.  But that is only one person's view.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jrgator
    jrgator Member ✭✭
    I am just the opposite. I can't get the pop-up to come on. I want to assign the IRA contribution to a prior year and I can't figure out how to do it without that pop-up. I was getting it last year but not now. Any ideas?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jrgator,

I suggest that you try this:

1) Open the IRA account's register;
    2) Click on the IRA contribution transaction;
    3) "Right-Click" anywhere in the transaction and select "Edit";
    4) In the popup window, you should see a "Tax year" field > change the year to the correct one and click "Enter/Done"

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.