IS THERE A WAY TO DELETE INVOICE ATTACHMENTS IN BULK

GREGS10303
GREGS10303 Member ✭✭
for legal purposes, i have attached the invoices for every transaction to the quicken database. after doing this for a few years, my quicken file has gotten quite large. since i rename my quicken file each year (NAME2019, NAME2020, NAME2021, and now NAME2022), i would like to delete the invoice attachments. can i do this in bulk or do i have to do this one at a time.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can using the Copy or Backup (File menu) and then Create a copy or template.

BUT, you will be deactivating online banking of all of the accounts. Right-hand arrow.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can using the Copy or Backup (File menu) and then Create a copy or template.

BUT, you will be deactivating online banking of all of the accounts. Right-hand arrow.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GREGS10303,

To the best of my knowledge, I know of no way to delete multiple attachments to Quicken transactions.  Similar to how these attachments are uploaded - one by one, I believe that you would need to delete them the same way.  BTW other Quicken users that have numerous attachments in their Quicken datafile, have seen similar problems with Quicken file size and related performance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• GREGS10303
    GREGS10303 Member ✭✭
    thank you both for your input. splasher - i tried your option and it seems to work. i really didn't want to eliminate any transactions for the accountant but that is a "me" thing. i will experiment with the new file and make sure no transactions got lost, etc and once i see nothing has changed, i will definitely use it next year.
This discussion has been closed.