Filter transactions with multiple criteria

garry4
garry4 Member ✭✭
Is it possible to stack filters in the transaction register? For instance:
Payee = Amazon
Date = this month
Match Status = Downloaded

I am aware that I can create a report. However, to me this is a basic function that should be available from the register.

For Win the answer is no and I expect it's the same for the Mac but I figured I would ask. And just why is it that when I search specifically for Mac answers, I end up with Windows dominating the results? It's so irritating to think I've found an answer and then realize it's for Windows.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can filter by date, type and status (using the drop down menus) at the same time as search one -or- all columns (using the search box). But you can't search in multiple columns using and/or criteria. The best I can suggest for now is to search one column (eg. Payee) and sort by the 2nd column (eg. Match Status). Then at least all the transactions with the same Match Status are contiguously displayed. 

Here's an IDEA post on complex searches that you can vote for: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7355622/add-support-for-complex-searches-using-exact-match-on-accounts-filters-35-legacy-votes

Regarding searching on the forum: Yes, the forum platform does not make searching easy. Here are some tips:
    1. Click the magnifying glass, top right. 
    2. Enter a search term and hit enter.
    3. Click the Discussions button at top (this is the trick to display the advanced filters)
    4. In the Category search, type "quicken for mac" and select it.*
    5. Check the box "Search Subcategories"
    6. Make sure Discussions, Ideas and Questions are all checked
    7. Click Filter
    You will now only get results in the Quicken for Mac category and its subcategories, eliminating all or at least most of the Windows stuff.

* If you following all and only the QMac categories, you can check the box Search Followed Categories Only instead of steps 4 and 5 above.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can filter by date, type and status (using the drop down menus) at the same time as search one -or- all columns (using the search box). But you can't search in multiple columns using and/or criteria. The best I can suggest for now is to search one column (eg. Payee) and sort by the 2nd column (eg. Match Status). Then at least all the transactions with the same Match Status are contiguously displayed. 

Here's an IDEA post on complex searches that you can vote for: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7355622/add-support-for-complex-searches-using-exact-match-on-accounts-filters-35-legacy-votes

Regarding searching on the forum: Yes, the forum platform does not make searching easy. Here are some tips:
    1. Click the magnifying glass, top right. 
    2. Enter a search term and hit enter.
    3. Click the Discussions button at top (this is the trick to display the advanced filters)
    4. In the Category search, type "quicken for mac" and select it.*
    5. Check the box "Search Subcategories"
    6. Make sure Discussions, Ideas and Questions are all checked
    7. Click Filter
    You will now only get results in the Quicken for Mac category and its subcategories, eliminating all or at least most of the Windows stuff.

* If you following all and only the QMac categories, you can check the box Search Followed Categories Only instead of steps 4 and 5 above.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • garry4
    garry4 Member ✭✭
    Thanks that helps. Essentially three sort criteria 1. Payee 2. This month 3. Sort by Match Status
    Search followed categories only is the ticket! Appreciate that as well. I'll add my two cents to the post you link.
This discussion has been closed.