Do Separate & Hidden QMac Accounts still download transactions ?

Options
GregM
GregM Member ✭✭
I have several accounts at one bank, including savings and checking accounts for the kids. I have marked these accounts Separate to exclude them from my routine financial planning. I also have several credit accounts used only for business travel which I also keep separated so I marked the kids' account as Hidden as well to let me see the business credit balances are a glance.

But, any of the accounts that are marked Hidden will not download transactions. According to the Quicken docs Hidden accounts should still download transactions, but I have to periodically unhide the accounts and pull the transactions in.

Any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GregM said:
    I have several accounts at one bank, including savings and checking accounts for the kids. I have marked these accounts Separate to exclude them from my routine financial planning. I also have several credit accounts used only for business travel which I also keep separated so I marked the kids' account as Hidden as well to let me see the business credit balances are a glance.

But, any of the accounts that are marked Hidden will not download transactions. According to the Quicken docs Hidden accounts should still download transactions, but I have to periodically unhide the accounts and pull the transactions in.

Any idea why this is happening?
    Hello @GregM,   

I am sorry to hear that you are being troubled by this confusing issue. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community for further discussion.

To answer your question: under normal circumstances, neither the Keep Separate option nor the Hide in Lists option in the Hide and Show Accounts window should affect downloads or updates.

Be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, go to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the same menu with one of the hidden accounts selected and click Disconnect Account. After that, you would go back into the same location and select Connect Account. If you should have the chance, let me know if you are still noticing symptoms after attempting these troubleshooting steps.

I look forward to any future updates, if you can stop by and check back in with us about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• GregM
    GregM Member ✭✭
    Options
    That was a PITA - I have 11 accounts with that bank. But all are reconnected and the same update process happens. If I have the account Hidden (in primary or separate accounts section) it does not update. If I unhide the account it updates the transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GregM said:
    That was a PITA - I have 11 accounts with that bank. But all are reconnected and the same update process happens. If I have the account Hidden (in primary or separate accounts section) it does not update. If I unhide the account it updates the transactions.
    @GregM,

Thank you for reaching out to me again and keeping me updated on the situation. I am sorry that the issue seems to be continuing. Again, be sure to save backups as mentioned earlier; this is simply a good general practice. I recommend going to File in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and selecting New, then clicking on Start from scratch and continue. This will serve as a 'test' data file that we can use to try and add these accounts via the Add Account button, denoted by the '+' icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window. Once the accounts have been added, try hiding them and updating them to see if they are behaving the same way as in your original file.

I look forward to any word of your progress, and hope to continue working on this with you in the future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.