How to get Quicken 2016 running again.

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Support Question.

Comments

• I have used Quicken for 10 years. I have never bothered to upgrade, because what I have works fine for my needs. Now, my computer decided to run an "automatic repair". Not knowing what it was, I allowed it. When it was done, Quicken was gone. I have tried everything. I know my data is still in my computer, because when I attempt to "sign in", I see all my accounts (and the money in them) for approximately one second; then it disappears. The last time I upgraded must have been 2016. I have the Quicken disk "Organize your money -Starter Edition/for Windows". Through research, it appears that it is only compatible with Windows 7, 8 or XP. I have been using is successfully for the past 5 or 6 years, and my operating system is Windows 10, What are my options? Is it retrievable? Do I need to start over, and pay $35.99 per year? And, if I do, will I be able to transfer my transactions to the new Quicken?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Valley finances said: I have used Quicken for 10 years. I have never bothered to upgrade...
    I have suggested to Admin to split this into a totally new topic -
    as it doesn't relate to the orig topic that was posted, and was a piggyback.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Valley finances said:  I know my data is still in my computer, because when I attempt to "sign in", I see all my accounts (and the money in them) for approximately one second; then it disappears.
    Does the Quicken program actually start - and stay running - but without opening your Quicken data file ?
    If so.... at the top menu..... what version is actually running -..... Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken is looking to "sign in" and is searching for an old Intuit server that no longer exists....
    There are ways to deal with this scenario - but really need to know what Quicken version is actually running.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.