How can I link Schwab accounts?

sbarach
sbarach Member
I have not been able to download any Schwab transactions in months. Every time I follow the prompts, enter my user name and password for Schwab, I get an error message.

Answers

• sbarach
    sbarach Member
    I am on a Macbook Air
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Are you using QWin or QMac - since you posted in the Windows section, but said you are using a Macbook -
    What error message do you get ?
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    Last fall, Schwab initiated a security change in the manner that they interfaced with Quicken.  Due to this change, several newer and hotfix versions of Quicken were created to support the Schwab upgrade.  In addition to the required newer Quicken version, you also needed to walk thru a series of steps on the Schwab website to "authorize" Quicken for access & downloading of transactions. 
    Do you recall walking thru all these Schwab steps last fall ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sbarach
    sbarach Member
    Thanks, I'm all good. I reached support, but thank you for answering my note.
  • JeffC
    JeffC Member ✭✭✭
    Ps56k2, I'm also STILL having the same problem. I'm on a PC with updated SW rev. I've gone thru all the authorization stuff and fixed it by going thru a complicated routine with a Quicken support person on shared screen. Now the problem is back. Do I need to do this every time I want to update?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sbarach said: Thanks, I'm all good. I reached support, but thank you for answering my note.
    Glad thinkgs are working again -
    it would help to let us know the details - like what version - and what you did to resolve your issue, since we can only read the discussion here and have no idea what happened on your call to Support.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sbarach
    sbarach Member
    It turns out when Quicken changed from a software purchase model to a subscription model I lost the right to download stock transactions. I'd have to buy a more expensive subscription.
This discussion has been closed.