Quicken for Mac won't import certain CapitalOne transactions

Chersull
Chersull Member
Occasionally, I find that a specific date range of CapitalOne transactions do not import into Quicken. I am able to successfully export them from the CapitalOne web site and can also open them as a download on the Mac. But after importing them into Quicken, the transactions are nowhere to be found in Quicken. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Chersull said:
    Occasionally, I find that a specific date range of CapitalOne transactions do not import into Quicken. I am able to successfully export them from the CapitalOne web site and can also open them as a download on the Mac. But after importing them into Quicken, the transactions are nowhere to be found in Quicken. Any suggestions?
    Hello @Chersull,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with file imports. I appreciate that you took the time to speak with us about this issue here on the Quicken Community.

Before proceeding any further, I first want to remind you to save a backup. You can do this by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and running.

Have you tried adding a new account with CapitalOne and then importing the transactions into that account? Click the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window. Next, you would import the files by going to File > Import > Bank or Brokerage File (OFX, QFX). Finally, you would drag and drop the older transactions from the original account to this added account.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Chersull said:
    Hello @Chersull,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with file imports. I appreciate that you took the time to speak with us about this issue here on the Quicken Community.

Before proceeding any further, I first want to remind you to save a backup. You can do this by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and running.

Have you tried adding a new account with CapitalOne and then importing the transactions into that account? Click the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window. Next, you would import the files by going to File > Import > Bank or Brokerage File (OFX, QFX). Finally, you would drag and drop the older transactions from the original account to this added account.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chersull
    Chersull Member
    I set up a new Capital One account and all transactions successfully imported. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.