"Quicken cannot connect to this account.", with Orange error color, but data does download

Options
Justin Foreman
Justin Foreman Member ✭✭
I have the latest version of Quicken for Mac I'm having the same problem, as others, with my PNC accounts. Get the message "Quicken cannot to this account" yet it still downloads all my transactions. I've tried resetting the connection, disconnecting and then reconnecting, retyping password etc. I still get this error message. The transactions are actually downloading, and others are reporting the same issue. I've signed out and back into Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the latest version of Quicken for Mac I'm having the same problem, as others, with my PNC accounts. Get the message "Quicken cannot to this account" yet it still downloads all my transactions. I've tried resetting the connection, disconnecting and then reconnecting, retyping password etc. I still get this error message. The transactions are actually downloading, and others are reporting the same issue. I've signed out and back into Quicken.
    Hello @Justin Foreman,    

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this trouble with the strange error message. Thank you for bringing this before the Quicken Community.

Be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper left-hand corner of the screen while the Quicken app is open and running.

When you say that you have 'reset the connection,' what steps are you taking in order to do this? Also, have you tried reseting your cloud account; I am unsure if this is what was meant by 'reset connection' and wanted to double check with you about this. For clarity's sake, reseting your cloud account would involve going to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the menu at the top of the screen and then clicking Reset next to your cloud account information in this window. If you have not yet attempted this, I would recommend attempting this now.

I look forward to hearing more from you and hope that this helps.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the error message clearly point to the working account or could it be pointing to an old, unused, long closed and forgotten account which is still activated for downloading when it shouldn't be?
This discussion has been closed.