USAA and Sync Errors?

Southcoast
Southcoast Member ✭✭
I get the message Sync Error... when logging in to USAA. Quicken support gave me a workaround which worked--once. Next day, more sync errors. Just did an update a week or so ago. Is this yet another USAA connectivity problem?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I get the message Sync Error... when logging in to USAA. Quicken support gave me a workaround which worked--once. Next day, more sync errors. Just did an update a week or so ago. Is this yet another USAA connectivity problem?
    Hello @Southcoast,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sync error. Thank you for choosing to work with the Quicken Community on this issue. 

What kind of error code are you seeing when you try to link your USAA accounts to online banking services? Are you noticing something like ccscrape.101 in the message, for example? Also, have you noticed connectivity issues with any other web-capable applications you are currently using? I will need just a little more information before I make any troubleshooting suggestions.

I do look forward to hearing back from you, and hope to work on this matter with you further. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Sync Error. Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. General error. On two of the three SAA accounts I use. I see in red "Download error 2000.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Sync Error. Warning. Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support. General error. On two of the three SAA accounts I use. I see in red "Download error 2000.
    @Southcoast,

Thanks for checking back in with me and providing further information; I really appreciate it. I apologize that this issue seems to be ongoing. 

Before we take any other steps, first save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. This is something that should be done frequently whenever using the Quicken application, as it will be useful in a wide variety of situations. Next, we are going to disconnect all of the accounts associated with USAA and clear the Keychain of any relevant passwords. I will go over the details of this procedure below.

First, disconnect all USAA accounts in your account list in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window:
    1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click the Settings button in the bottom right of the register for the affected account;
    5. Click on the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account, then click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    7. Quit Quicken.
    Next, we will clear any relevant passwords of the Keychain via Finder:
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    We will now update the bank list in Quicken by following these steps:
    1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI: In the Action column, make sure that the accounts are set to LINK to the corresponding accounts in Quicken (rather than Add or Ignore).  
    I look forward to your response and any updates you may be able to provide regarding this situation.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.