Transfer between bank accounts is counted as Income

Jillavl
Jillavl Member
edited February 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Hi. When I transfer funds between bank accounts, they show up as Income. They are not income; how can I turn that off?
Thanks much,
Jill

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How are these transfer transactions categorized? They should be made using
    Category = Transfer:OtherAccountName to create a properly linked transfer transaction
    Reports should then show them as neither Income nor Expense, but as Transfer
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Jillavl said:
    Aah, I see how this is done. It looks like I must make this adjustment to every report I use. Is there not one place I can set this as default? Thanks.
    There is not one default for the report setting. But you can save a generic report with this setting changed as one of your custom reports in My Reports and then start with that instead of the regular default report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    On the PC version (which might be completely different - I apologize if so) go to report settings, then select the advanced tab, then make sure "exclude all transfers" is selected.
  • Jillavl
    Jillavl Member
    I am sorry, but I can't find where report settings is. Can you help? I run Quicken on a Mac.
  • Jillavl
    Jillavl Member
    Aah, I see how this is done. It looks like I must make this adjustment to every report I use. Is there not one place I can set this as default? Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How are these transfer transactions categorized? They should be made using
    Category = Transfer:OtherAccountName to create a properly linked transfer transaction
    Reports should then show them as neither Income nor Expense, but as Transfer
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Jillavl said:
    There is not one default for the report setting. But you can save a generic report with this setting changed as one of your custom reports in My Reports and then start with that instead of the regular default report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jillavl
    Jillavl Member
    Thanks for much for your help; problem is solved. Be well, Jill
  • Jillavl
    Jillavl Member
    Thanks, RickO! Good idea.
This discussion has been closed.